Saturday, October 13, 2007

Little Wild Horse Canyon - Bell Canyon

I just got back from the San Rafael Swell - was planning on doing 4 canyons, Little Wild Horse, Bell, Ding & Dang, but only got to do the first two. There was some nasty looking weather rolling in after I got out of LWHC, so I had lunch, and waited to see if things would clear up, but they never did.

Unfortunately I started into the canyons about the same time as a group of 10 prattling high schoolers. And so it was like, well...I don't think I can accurately portray 4 conversations going on at the same time about inane babble. I'm not even going to try. When the canyons split, I went up Bell which coincidentally wasn't where the high schoolers went. Bell went by pretty quickly. LWHC took longer, but since I went the direction most people don't I ended up waiting in the narrow section for huge groups of families consisting of usually 2 adults, and 10 kids between the ages of 4 & 6. It was weird.

These seem to be canyons that most people have done, and are insanely easy to get through, but that's the kind of thing I was looking for this weekend, so it was nice.

I got to use my new Canon S5IS on its first trip, which I love!

View photos from this trip

No comments:

Post a Comment